*Please note that credit registration and fees are separate from and in addition to conference registration and fees.*
Two by Two is happy to offer licensure renewal and graduate credit as part of the 3rd annual Character Education Conference, Be a Star… Shine with Character! You may receive 1 (one) graduate credit for $135 OR 1 (one) licensure renewal/recertification credit for $85, which you must register and pay for through Keystone AEA via the link we’ve provided below under “HOW TO REGISTER.”
This course is entitled “EMPATHY: THE HEART OF THE CLASSROOM.” All course participants must complete the following requirements to receive credit (please refer to the course syllabus for complete course and assignment details) :
• Outside work: Guided Independent Book Study, July 18-31 ~ Read UnSelfie: Why Empathetic Kids Succeed in Our All-About-Me World by Dr. Michele Borba and complete assignments as described in the course syllabus. UnSelfie is available for purchase on Amazon and at River Lights Bookstore.
• Face-to-Face: Character Conference, August 1-2 ~ Attend the “Be a Star… Shine with Character!” Character Education Conference and provide session summaries.
• Outside work: Final Project, August 3-11 ~ Create an “empathy project” that will outline how participants will practice and integrate empathy in their classrooms during the 2017-2018 school year.
• PLEASE READ THE COURSE SYLLABUS FOR COMPLETE COURSE AND ASSIGNMENT DETAILS.
• Course STUDY GUIDE & ADDITIONAL HOMEWORK
Questions? Please feel free to contact course instructor Nan Welch via email or by calling the Two by Two office (563-513-0059).
HOW TO REGISTER:
CLICK HERE to access the Keystone AEA course registration page and follow the on-screen directions. The course number for “Empathy: The Heart of the Classroom” is: 21749.
Please note the deadline to register for credit is July 24.